Friday, January 27, 2012

I need advice on planting mint and sage in my front flower beds...?

I AM PLANNING ON PLANTING SOME SAGE AND MINT. SHOULD I WEED THE AREA AND USE A WEED KILLER? IF I USE A WEED KILLER, HOW LONG MUST I WAIT BEFORE PLANTING? ALSO, IS THERE ANYTHING OUT THERE THAT WOULD DO WELL FOR SEMI-SHADE, AND IS GOOD FOR GROUND COVER? THANX

I need advice on planting mint and sage in my front flower beds...?
You may want to try using a plant fertilizer that eliminates weeds. This will feed your plant and kill the weeds. I planted peppermint in my herb garden last fall, in a container, and it STILL got out and spread all over the place. It is a great ground cover, but it will take over anything that is not covered with grass. It also smells good and will keep away bugs.
Reply:Snow on the mountain, also known as Bishops weed, is a fast growing ground cover for partial shade, it burns in full sun.Do not use a weed killer where you are planting herbs. Pull instead. You are better off growing mint in a container, it is very invasive.

barber

No comments:

Post a Comment