Monday, January 30, 2012

Flyfishing with a new sage rod?

i'm looking at the new slt 9ft. 4 piece 6 wt. by sage

any flyfishermen out there who have taken this rocket for a ride?

i'm lookin to use it on big rivers,float tubin small lakes,hows the action?

Flyfishing with a new sage rod?
It depends on how you fish. I use the XP for freshwater. At the time I bought it. It was the best rod they had. I prefer a "fast action rod". Before I moved I was going to get their TCR series but I primarily salt water fish now and use their xi-2. (That is a cannon). From what I've read, the slt maybe a little slow for me but if your casting stroke is slower, this could be perfect. Most high end shops will let you cast them before purchasing. Some even let you demo them with the rental fee going to the cost of the rod.
Reply:I've moved to Temple Fork Outfitter rods... they are a fraction of the price of a Sage and they perform pretty well. I went up to BC and wanted a 10' 9wt... could find only two... a Sage for $700 and a TFO for $170... I bought the TFO and landed big fish on it with no problems. Report It


No comments:

Post a Comment