Monday, January 30, 2012

Growing Pineapple Sage?

I live in Upstate New York, which I believe is zone 5b. I'm pretty sure that means that my pineapple sage will not survive the winter outdoors. So my questions are 1, If I cover the outdoor plants with compost material such as fallen leaves, and pine branches, will they winter? 2) If I leave the plants in my garden until late September and then move them to the house, will they flower? Thanks

Growing Pineapple Sage?
They definitely won't overwinter outside in Upstate, even if you mulch the hell out of them.



They should flower by late September.



I'm not sure if I would take the trouble to dig one up. They don't cost very much and it would be a real pain in the butt to keep one alive inside all winter. I'd just go buy a new one next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment