Friday, January 27, 2012

I would like to change to VAT Cash Accounting on Sage 50 2007 but am having problems ...?

When I tick the box to change to Cash Accounting I get the error message "you cannot change your vat scheme whilst there are unreconciled transactions"



I always reconcile VAT transactions after completing my quarterly return .. aren't there always going to be come unreconciled transactions, i.e. invoices that are dated after the latest VAT quarter?

I would like to change to VAT Cash Accounting on Sage 50 2007 but am having problems ...?
It's a bit of a nightmare changing from accrual to cash on any system.



What you need to do is not post anything beyond the quarter you are doing, when you reconcile that quarter you will then have no unreconciled and it should work.



It's a pain, and you will have to catch up on the postings in the new quarter.



I've only done it the once and it worked.



Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment