Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Can I save my indoor herb garden?

I have a small herb garden in a spare bathroom that I have placed a grow light in. Some plants are doing really well, while others aren't. I cut back most of the herbs in the fall but some of them haven't started growing new again. The bathroom stay cool but not too cold. We have a clothes dryer in there that we use but it doesn't get too hot or humid. Thoughts?



Here is what I have:



Doing Well:

Aloe x2

Lovage

Echinecea



Hanging on for dear life:

Patchouli

Stevia



Possibly dormant or dead?:

Sage

Mint - in own container



Pretty sure these are gonners:

Rosemary

Sweet Marjoram

Lemon Balm

* these three were potted together. Perhaps that is why they all perished.

Can I save my indoor herb garden?
You might want to do some research to find out whether or not the plants you are having trouble with are annuals or perennials. Most plants go through a dormant stage and look like they are dead but give them a month or two and they should spring back.
Reply:They should be potted seperately.My step dad is a horticultural Architect.I asked and he says you can pot them individually and that will help them grow a little better.


No comments:

Post a Comment