Monday, February 13, 2012

Can you please tell me how to pick the right beige, neutral color?

I have a sage green couch, exposed brick wall, and honey wood floors. I have been trying to find the right beige to complement these pieces, but everything I have tried is too dark or too cool. I am at my whits end with this job, any advice you have on picking the correct neutral backdrop beige color would be fantastic. The room is 15' by 20' by 12'(ceiling height) with one 5' by 5' window.

Can you please tell me how to pick the right beige, neutral color?
This is what I would do.........look at the beiges between the golds/yellows and greens. Take the sample strips and tell the salesperson who mixes the paints what you are looking for. The salespeople at my paint store have an excellent eye for colors. They will help you and they can also tell you what the popular beige color presently is that goes well with sage. In the end it will be your decision, but they can guide you. What you need to know is what value you want in that color. That's where the paint department can guide you again. After I made my decision, I'd ask for a large sample of the color i.e., an 18" X 18" sample and bring it home and hang it on the wall and look at it in the daytime and night.
Reply:It can be tricky because there are so many different tones of beige.Yellowy beige and pinky beige.I would suggest getting small samples of some different shades you like at the store and putting some up on the wall.Check it out at different times of the day (day light and dusk) and on different days,a sunny day versus a cloudy day.It can all effect how the color looks in your room.

Maybe a technique using two colors will give you the look you want

Try HGTV.com.they have great decorating ideas and how-to videos to help you through the project


No comments:

Post a Comment